New way to Fight Spam
We all have had experiences where our email addresses are bombarded with spam. So how do they get our addresses? “Email address harvesters”. If you have noticed, you ownly recieve spam on addresses that are in some way available on a webpage, or were submitted for some registration process on some website. Harvesters are programs that scan through millions of pages a day and scavenge out email addresses to send the sspam to.
Unfortunately, if you use your email address, it will mostly likely be picked by a harvester at some point…but fear not , here is a solution.
Temporary email addresses can be made at services like Jetable that work like this :
1. You provide your “real” email address to this secure service.
2. They provide a temporary email address for a duration of time you chose.
3. All email on the temporary address is forwarded to your real one automatically.
4. After the period is over, the temporary address is automatically deleted. The website you registered at never knows your real address. No spam!
5. Perfectly legal, free and of course, since you provide your address only to one secure site…your address is never harvested.
There is also a Firefox extension for Jetable. So I can make as many addresses I want on the fly by simply right-clicking in any email field.
Hope this helps you protect your address from spam.
Services that give out temprary addresses :